We have developed the following Cylinder Holders for use with our Tower Loading Stands.
Others are in development and will be posted here when available.
The cylinder holder's purpose is to provide a stable platform for loading. We capture the cylinder by its outside and its center post diameter. Then, if there is a ratchet or other feature, we provide relief for that feature.
We define the cylinder holders by their
Here are the present cylinder holders:
Measurements: Cylinder Diameter Post Diameter Relief Diameter
1) 1851 Navy 44 Cal 6 shot 1.54 0.44 0.62
2) Ruger Old Army 45 Cal 6 shot 1.79 0.25 N/A
3) 1848 Wells Fargo 32 Cal 5 Shot 1.25 0.32 0.95
4) 1858 Remington 44 Cal 6 Shot 1.60 0.25 1.10
5) 1858 Remington 36 Cal 6 Shot 1.62 0 .27 1.05
6) LeMat 44Cal 9 Shot 2.00 0.78 1.20
The Middle diameter is used to clear the nipples, half cock and ratchet mechanisms.
We cut holders deeper from the post diameter to the middle diameter a bit deeper to clear all this debree.
Also, we have the CNC equipment in house to manufacture new and make changes to any of these parts.